Bareeq Education Non-Profit LLC (Bareeq) is an independent non-profit organization, where contributions can come from individual donors, companies, and foundations. Our relationship with our contributors is the highest expression of our mutual commitment to the mission of engaging the hearts, hands, and minds of the community to help conflict-affected children flourish.
Bareeq collects and maintains the following types of donor information when it is voluntarily provided to us:
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone number and email address
- Giving information
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
This confidential information is kept on file for regulatory purposes. It is also used to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make more accurate budget projections, as well as to understand donors’ interests in our mission and to update them on the organization’s plans and activities. This information is shared with staff, board members, volunteers, and consultants only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
Bareeq does not sell, rent, trade or share its donor list with any other organization. Bareeq never sends out mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Discontinuing contact upon request
It is the policy of Bareeq to communicate with donors according to their expressed preferences whenever possible. Bareeq will discontinue or change the method used to contact any person upon that person’s oral or written request directed to the organization, or any other agent.
Bareeq shall maintain a record of all requests by persons who indicate to Bareeq, or any other agents, that they do not wish to be contacted by or on behalf of Bareeq.
This policy does not prohibit contact by an individual or group voluntarily soliciting on behalf of Bareeq, even if the person being contacted has requested to be placed on the “do not contact list.”
Upon a person’s (or a person’s authorized representative’s) request that Bareeq discontinue further contacts, the person’s name and address will be promptly modified in Bareeq’s donor database to ensure that no further contact is made with the person. Bareeq will also take steps to ensure that no further contact is made with the individual and that the person’s name is removed from any external databases or records under Bareeq’s control.
Permanent Record: Bareeq will maintain an electronic record of all requests for discontinuance of contacts, effective with the adoption of this policy by Bareeq’s board of directors. Oral requests will be noted in writing by the staff of Bareeq and then permanently recorded in the electronic donor database. The records of persons who have made such a request will be maintained by Bareeq to the extent necessary for legal or liability purposes.
Bareeq subscribes to the following Donor Rights:
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition, unless anonymity is specifically requested
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.